July 25, 2020
In the is episode, Dr Andy Foster reflects on the last 5 months of the pandemic and how General Practice in the UK has coped with the Challenge of the Virus. In particular how technology has helped.
This is a reflective episode and revisits many of the themes covered in depth on eGPLearning over the last 6 months, providing a good overview or introduction to this topic.
The slides were prepared ahead of a presentation to Bristol Medical Technology Society, but we felt the reflections were worth sharing with the medical technology community.
Working From Home – A light hearted introduction
July 11, 2020
In this episode Dr Andy Foster talks about personality typing and how it can be useful to help teams and individuals work more effectively together in organisations. The focus is on healthcare organisations and UK General Practice, but the video should be useful to anyone looking for a way to introduce a group of people to MBTi.
The focus is on the Myers Briggs Type Indicator system.
In this video you will learn (or be reminded) about:
- Why investing in EQ and Soft skills are important
- How to interpret a Myers Briggs profile
- Why this might be useful in your organisation
- Personal Development
- Managing and developing teams
- Conflict resolution and prevention
The video is structured around a teaching session that was delivered at my practice to demonstrate how you could do something similar at your organisation.
Dr Andy Foster’s Blog and powerpoint slides
16Personalities – great source of free MBTI testing, profiles and information
May 2, 2020
Today Dr Andy Foster talks about his three top tips and principals to help people manage their COVID crisis induced digital overload.
This is a bit of a change of pace from our usual content… but maybe we all need think about how we are using technology from time to time.
March 21, 2020
Today will talk about the hype cycle for primary care
What is the hype cycle?
- A graphical representation of the maturity and adoption of trends or technologies
- Model developed by Gartner https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gartner a US research and advisory firm. It is branded, they sell reports and analysis to industry. Thanks for the concept Gartner.
Why might this be useful?
- Useful as a way of conceptualising
- How technologies go through the journey from discovery to mainstream use
- Recognising that hype does not always equate to real utility
- Understanding that many technologies don’t make it to mainstream adoption
- And that even those that will will have a period of reduced interest
- Main application in timing your own or your organisations adoption of a technology and reducing the risks when you choose to embrace an innovation
We are going to create the eGPLearning 2020 Primary Care Health Technology Hype Curve