Online meetings made easy in Primary Care
Why have online meetings
- Transport / distance
- Remote/home working
Types of meeting
- Obvious -- cuts out travel time and parking -- but these can be big issues
- Increases attendance, reduces the cost
- People can watch the recording if they couldn’t come -- don’t even need to be available at the time of the meeting
- Actually superior experience in some aspects -- can hear well, shared screen for content, slides, cocreation in documents -- these don’t need to be big meetings…
- Sometimes you are enhancing or replacing a big meeting.
- But can replace smaller meetings and telephone calls
What equipment do you need for an online meeting?
You can start and host a meeting with just your laptop with webcam or tablet
If you just want to get started and give it a try. But if you want to run an effective hybrid meeting:
- Space -- regular or ad hoc
- Online meeting system: Zoom -- https://bit.ly/eGPlearningZoom
- Data -- 2gb broadband minimum 3G
- Laptop/ desktop ideal:
- Processor: minimum with 1ghz processor (however I would recommend at least an i3 2 ghz processor or higher)
- Memory: 2gb ram minimum 4gb ram ideal or more.
- Hard drive space: If you want to record your meetings then you will need approximately 1gb hard drive space per hour of meeting time recorded.
- Projector or TV
- Smartphone or tablet
- Keep timing of the meeting,
- Coordinates people in the meeting room.
- Ensures the tech works
- Screen share
- Coordinates online attendees -- hands up!
- Keeps minutes -- separate or on screen
- Action log
- Switch off distractions, notice on the door
- Check battery power
- Test data
- Scan background for items not to be shared ie documents with patient identifiable info, open windows etc
- Use headphones if an attendee
- Press record
- Introduce yourself
- Ground rules
- Establish chair, coordinator, minute taker etc.
- Mute microphone if not speaking
- Share recording of the meeting -- server /private youTube/ podcast. Playback hack.
- Confirm actions and attach minutes if kept
- Establish next meeting if appropriate
- If first time, enquire how to make it work better.
Certificate of engagement for apprasial: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sxnKLTkZet1fADJW4_INVRtARb0PzdE7
Subscribe to or follow the eGPlearning platform for more videos, app reviews and content to support technology-enhanced primary care and learning.
? Subscribe ?